Altec Lansing is one of the leading Bluetooth speaker manufacturers and if you are using one, then you will experience firsthand the amazing sound quality it delivers.
If you are looking to buy one or already have one and wondering how to pair it, then this article will teach you the steps.
- So, How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
- How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker iPhone or iPad
- How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to an iMac or MacBook
- How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to PC (Windows)
- How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to Android phone
- How to connect two Altec Lansing speakers?
- Frequently Asked Questions
So, How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker?
To Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker, switch on the speaker and then put it on pairing mode by pressing the power button for about 5 seconds. Now switch on your mobile/laptop, enable Bluetooth and then connect to the speaker which will be listed there.
Here are detailed steps for each type of device – iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows PC.
How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker iPhone or iPad
To pair an Altec Lansing speaker with an iPhone or an iPad, you will have to first check if the speaker is compatible with iOS devices or not. If it is, then you can use the Settings option on the iPhone or iPad to make the connection. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
On the Altec Lansing Speaker, you will first need to enable the pairing mode. Press the Power button on the speaker for about 5 seconds. You will see either a blue or red LED flashing. This indicates that the speaker is powered on and in pairing mode.
Steps to follow on the iPhone or iPad
- On the iOS device, click on Settings
- Look for Bluetooth and then click on it to enter the Bluetooth menu
- Switch on the Bluetooth and wait for a few seconds
- Under ‘My Devices’, you should see your Altec Lansing speaker
- If it isn’t there, then scroll down and check under ‘Other Devices’
- When you see your speaker, click on it and the pairing process will start
- Once connected, you will get a confirmation message on the iOS device and a beep on the Altec Lansing speaker
How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to an iMac or MacBook
The steps to pair an Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to an iMac or a Macbook are very similar to those for an iOS device and can be done through Bluetooth Settings.
Here are the detailed steps to do it. But before you do these, do ensure that your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode.
- On the Macbook or iMac, click on the Apple logo on the top left-hand side of the screen
- In the menu that opens up, click on System Preferences
- Click on the Bluetooth icon in the new window that opened up
- Turn on the Bluetooth if it is off
- The computer will automatically start looking for new Bluetooth devices so give it a couple of seconds
- Under ‘Devices’, you will see your speaker listed
- Double Click on it and the pairing process will begin
- Once it is completed, you will see your device listed as Connected on the computer
The process above is similar to what you would follow if powerbeats pro not connecting to your pc.
How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to PC (Windows)
To pair an Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker with a Windows computer or laptop, you will need to go into the Bluetooth Settings in Control Panel and then make the connection. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
First, ensure that your Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode. Then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- On your PC or laptop, click on the Start menu and then open the Control Panel
- Alternatively, you can click on the search box on the Taskbar and type in Control Panel
- In Windows 10, you can also visit the Settings menu
- Click on Devices and then on Bluetooth & Other Devices
- Now make sure that the Bluetooth is switched on. Give it a few seconds to locate your speaker
- If it is listed, then click on it and pair it with your speaker
- If it is not listed, then click on Add a Device
- The system will again look for available devices and should list your speaker there
- When you see it, click on it and start the pairing process
How to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to Android phone
To pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker with Android, you need to first put the speaker on pairing mode and then enable Bluetooth on the device to connect them. Here is a step-by-step guide to doing it.
- On the Android device, look for Settings and then scroll through the menu to find the Bluetooth Settings
- Alternatively, type ‘Bluetooth’ in the search bar in the Settings menu and then open the Bluetooth Settings
- It might also be under Other Networks and Connections in some phones
- Click on Bluetooth and enable it
- Once switched on, the phone automatically detects nearby devices that have Bluetooth enabled. Your speaker should be listed under Available Devices
- It could also be listed as Other Devices if the connection is being made for the first time
- When you do find the Altec Lansing speakers listed there, select them and the pairing process will be initiated
How to connect two Altec Lansing speakers?
To connect two compatible Altec Lansing speakers, you will need to use the House Party pairing feature that some of the speakers come with. Here is how you can do this.
- Switch on one speaker and play music on it. Let’s call this Speaker 1
- Switch on the second speaker
- On Speaker 1, press and hold the Volume + & Volume – buttons together for about 2-3 seconds
- After this, immediately press the Volume + & Volume – buttons together for about 2-3 seconds on Speaker 2.
- LEDs on both speakers should turn green at this moment and you will get the same audio output on both speakers
Frequently Asked Questions
Hopefully, you have solved your issue by now. But do you have more questions about the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker? Here are some commonly asked questions that we have answered for you.
1. Can I connect the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to a TV?
Yes, you can connect them to a TV as long as the TV has Bluetooth as well. Switch on Bluetooth on the TV and the speaker. Search for Bluetooth devices on the TV and once you see the Altec Lansing speaker there, pair them together. Just like with xbox, here are simple to follow steps to connect headphones to xbox one
2. Can I use an aux cable to connect the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to my phone?
Yes, you will find an aux or 3.55 jack at the bottom of the Bluetooth speaker. Lift the rubber cover to expose the jack. Insert one end of the aux cable into the slot and the other into the headphone jack on your phone or tablet.
3. What is the Altec Lansing Bluetooth pairing pin?
If you have not set a Bluetooth PIN yourself, then the default PIN is either 0000 or 1234.
Pairing an Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker with any device is a fairly simple process and anyone can do it easily. So, if you are a beginner, using such speakers for the first time, or not very tech-savvy, you can use our article to pair your speaker. You can also check out our guide on how to fix airpods blinking orange!