Isn’t it irritating when our devices develop a snag or stop working? Especially the ones that have cost a lot?
If you are an Apple fan then you might be using their latest AirPods and you might be here looking for solutions for the orange flashing light. Right?
- So, How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light?
- How to reset Apple AirPods with an Android Device?
- What do the AirPods flashing lights mean?
- Why are my Airpods flashing orange – Troubleshooting
- How to connect Apple AirPods to an iPhone?
So, How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light?
The most effective way to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light is to reset the Airpod. To reset your airpods and airpods pro, unpair them from the phone and then repair them.
Here are the steps to fix airpods blinking orange light:
- For starters, place the Apple AirPods in the charging case and then close the lid properly
- Now wait for about 30-40 seconds and then open the lid of the charging case
- Take your iPhone or iPad and then navigate to the Settings option
- Go to the Bluetooth icon and then open the menu
- You should see the Apple AirPods listed there
- Click on the i button next to the Apple AirPods
- Select Forget This Device and then confirm the action
- This will un-pair the Apple AirPods from your iPhone or iPad
- Now go back to the Apple AirPods charging case
- Do not close the lid and press and hold a button located at the back of the charging case
- Keep the button pressed for about 15-20 seconds and you will see the LED lights change to amber and then white
- Once this is done, you need to go to the Settings option on your iPhone or iPad and then Bluetooth settings
- When you see your Apple AirPods listed there, start the pairing process
- The Apple AirPods will need to be in their charging case with the lid open
- After successful pairing, see if the problem was fixed or not
How to reset Apple AirPods with an Android Device?
To reset Apple AirPods on an Android device then you will need to go into the Bluetooth settings and then Forget the Device to re-establish the pairing process from the beginning.
Here is how you can do it easily:
- On your Android device, click on the Settings icon and then look for your Bluetooth settings. If it is not in the main menu then it could be under the Other Connections option
- If your Bluetooth is on and connected to your Apple AirPods then you will see them listed there
- Select the AirPods and then choose the option to Forget the Device
- This will unpair the AirPods from the Apple device
- Switch off the phone Bluetooth
- Place the AirPods back in their case and close the lid
- Wait for a few seconds and then switch on the phone Bluetooth
- Open the Apple AirPod case lid and see if the Pods appear in the phone Bluetooth list
- Connect them once again and this should fix the flashing orange light issue
What do the AirPods flashing lights mean?
So, you are already panicking if you see an LED other than green right? But do you know what the flashing lights mean? The lights on the Apple AirPods are used to tell the user about charging status, pairing status, and error notifications. There are three LED colors – green, amber, and white.
White LED – Whenever you initiate the pairing process, you will see a flashing white LED light on the AirPods charging case.
Amber LED – Apple usually uses the amber status to show that charging is under process. When you charge the Apple AirPods case or with the AirPods in them, you will see the amber LED switched on. This is a normal LED status light. Whenever you see a flashing amber LED, it means that there is some sort of error and it usually is with the pairing of the AirPods. Then you will need to follow the steps given above.
There are instances when you will see absolutely no LED at all. Don’t panic, this simply means that the Apple AirPods or the charging case is completely out of power. Connect them to a power source and you will see the amber LED switch on, indicating that the charging process has begun.
Why are my Airpods flashing orange – Troubleshooting
Now that you know the meaning of all the LED lights and a few ways to fix the orange flashing light problem, here are some more ways you can troubleshoot issues with your Apple AirPods.
1. Charge the AirPods and the case
One of the reasons for facing issues with your AirPods could be the lack of charge in them. Whenever you face any kind of issue, check your phone to see how much charge the AirPods and its case has. If they are running low on charge, then it’s time for a quick top-up. Here is how you can charge your Apple AirPods.
- Place both the AirPods into the case and then close the lid properly
- Take the lightning cable and insert it into the connector slot found at the bottom of the charging case
- Power it on and you should see the Amber light switch on. This indicates that the case and the AirPods are charging
- Depending on how much charge is needed, let them be connected to the power source
2. Resetting your Phone
No, we do not recommend you reset the entire phone just to get the flashing orange light problem fixed. We are talking about a hard reset without erasing any data. If you are using an iPhone or an iPad then press and hold the power button and the home button together for at least 5 seconds. You will then see the phone restarting.
However, if you are using an Android device then the process is a bit different. Here is what you will need to do.
- Switch off the Android device
- Once it shuts down, give it a couple of seconds
- Now press and hold the power button and the volume up button together for a few seconds
- In some phones, you might need to press and hold the power and volume down buttons
- After a few seconds, you will see a menu with various options of reboot, recovery mode, factory reset, etc
- Select reboot and the phone will power on once more
3. Try a different device
Before you go to the extremes of buying new AirPods or getting them serviced, we recommend that you try pairing them with a different device and see if the problem persists. If the problem can’t be replicated then there is an issue with the device and not the AirPods.
4. Check for updates
Outdated software can cause glitches in the hardware and cause the flashing amber LED. If your AirPods are connected to an iOS device, then head to the Settings and check if there is a firmware update for your AirPods and the device as well. Install the updates, if any, and this should help you fix your problem.
5. Getting the AirPods serviced
If nothing works then you should take professional help. Check if the AirPods are covered under warranty and if so, you should be able to get them serviced for free or get free replacements as well. If they are not then you might have to shell out some amount to get them fixed.
How to connect Apple AirPods to an iPhone?
In order to connect Apple AirPods to an iPhone:
- On your iPhone, click on Settings and then on Bluetooth. Switch it on. Click on the Home button to go to the phone home screen
- Make sure the AirPods are inside the case and the lid is closed. Now open the lid
- On your phone, you will get a Connect prompt. Click on it
- The phone will establish the connection automatically
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are using Apple AirPods and facing connectivity issues, then here are some commonly asked questions that we have collated and responded to.
1. Can I connect the Apple AirPods to an Android phone?
Yes, you can connect them to an Android phone. Here are the steps to do it.
- Put the AirPods into the case and close the lid
- On your phone, switch on Bluetooth
- Open the AirPods case and then press & hold the button on the bottom of the AirPod case
- You will notice the AirPod flashing a white LED light
- On your phone, you will the AirPods listed under Bluetooth settings. Pair them now
2. Can I track my AirPods?
Yes, Apple provides tracking functionality through the Find My iPhone app.
Here is how to activate it.
- On the iPhone, open the Find My iPhone app
- You should see the AirPods listed there. Alternatively, you can also log into iCloud and then access Find My iPhone from there to see your AirPods
3. Can I use a different AirPod case to charge my AirPods?
Yes, you can. AirPods can be charged with any Apple case or a 3rd party case that is compatible with the AirPods.
4. How do I charge the AirPods and the case?
To charge the AirPods, you can place them inside the case. The case is like a power bank and can charge the AirPods multiple times. However, the case also needs to charge. You can either connect the case to a power source using the lightning cable. Or the case can also be charged through a wireless charger if they are compatible.
5. How do I check the AirPods battery percentage on an iPhone?
Here is how you can check the charge status.
- Put the AirPods inside the case and bring them close to the iPhone
- Open the lid and wait for a few seconds
- You will now see the case and AirPods battery status on the iPhone
- Alternatively, you can also go to the Battery widget and check the charge status
When there is a lack of information, it always leads to panic. If you are using Apple AirPods for the first time, and if it flashes the amber LED, then most people would get bothered a little bit. But instead of being irked, all you have to do is to research a bit and fix the problem.
This article lists out all steps you can follow to fix the flashing orange light problem. Most of the time the issue is with a software glitch and can be solved by either restarting your devices or resetting them. The steps are easy to follow and you should be on your way in no time at all! Also, before you go, here is a quick fix if your airpods fell in water!