Apple Airpods are perhaps the best Airpods in the market. They not only look sleek but are extremely comfortable to use and provide high-quality sound for hours.
This makes them very suitable to be used with any gaming platform!
- So, can you use AirPods on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5?
- How to connect AirPods to PS4 using a Bluetooth Adapter?
- How to connect the Airpods with a PS4 without using a Bluetooth Adapter?
- How to connect AirPods to PS5 using a Bluetooth Adapter?
So, can you use AirPods on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5?
Yes, you can use your AirPods with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 with the right adapter and the right kind of settings. You cannot pair them through Bluetooth however.
What happens when you try to connect your AirPods to your PlayStations directly?
Since PS4 and PS5 do not support Bluetooth audio accessories, when you try connecting your AirPods directly you get an error saying that “The PS4/PS5 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio accessories”.
This happens because once you turn on the AirPods, they start scanning for a Bluetooth signal to get paired with and when it is unable to find one it gives out an error message.
How to connect AirPods to PS4 using a Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect the AirPods to a PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter follow the steps below –
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter in the USB port located at the front of the PS4
- Set up the AirFly adapter to pair with your PS4.
- Now press and hold the button on the back of your AirPods until the LED light in the AirPods case starts blinking white
- Your AirPods and your Adapter should both be in the pairing mode and they should get paired automatically
Wait until the flashing of lights on the Airpods and adapter have stopped.
Once the pairing is completed, you will see a message on the screen and you will have to click on confirm there.
How to connect the Airpods with a PS4 without using a Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect the Apple AirPods to a PS4 without using a Bluetooth adapter, you will have to use a smartphone which could be either an Android or an iOS. Through this method, you will be using your smartphone as your screen and will be playing your PS4 games on your phone using the Apple AirPods.
This is a great way of playing games when you are traveling or you are away from home. In situations when you do not have a TV screen with you this could be the idle way to enjoy your games on your PS4 device.
By the way, just in case if you ever face a situation where you have dropped airpods in water – our guide will save you!
How to connect a PS4 and Apple AirPods to a Smartphone without using a Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect the PS4 and Apple AirPods to your smartphone without using a Bluetooth Adapter, these are the steps that need to be followed-
- Turn on the PS4 console
- Download the PS4 or PS5 Remote Play app on your phone from the App store
- You will now be asked to sign in to your PlayStation account
- Once you have signed in to your account your smartphone will start searching for your PS4
- Once the PS4 has been located by your phone go to your phones settings menu
- Now go to Bluetooth settings
- Now pair the PS4 controller with your phone
Connect the Apple AirPods to your phone as usual. Your devices are now connected to each other and you can start playing your favorite games on your phone using your AirPods.
In case you have an xbox, here is how to connect headphones to xbox one!
How to connect AirPods to PS5 using a Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect the AirPods to a PS5 using a Bluetooth adapter, follow the below steps
- First, plug the Bluetooth adapter into your PlayStation 5 USB port which is located in the back of the station
- Turn the Bluetooth Adapter on and put it in pairing mode
- Now wait until the light in the adapter starts flashing
- Now put your AirPods into their charging case
- Ensure that your AirPods charging case is open
- Now press the button located at the back of the case for a few seconds
- The white light will now appear and start flashing which indicates that the AirPods are ready to get paired
Your AirPods and the Bluetooth Adapter should now be able to find each other and get paired automatically. Once the flashing light on the adapter stops flashing it indicates that the AirPods have been paired. The AirPods are now connected to your PS5 and you can now start playing your favorite game with an incredible audio experience on the Apple AirPods.
We hope you found the article helpful and interesting to read as well. The next time you wish to pair your AirPods with your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 we hope that this article will be able to help and guide you to connect your AirPods to your favorite PlayStation. Also, before you go check out how to connect powerbeats pro to windows 10!